Good Morning Protein
You work-out really hard, lifting heavy weights and pushing yourself to improve day by day. The efforts you put in your training sessions surely are one of the main factors that affects your progress, but when it comes to making a progress that lasts, nothing beats good nutrition! We have brought you this easy and quick high-protein, nutritious breakfast recipe that will fill you up with protein and give you the perfect kick for the day!
Sausage & Egg Burrito!
(Calories: 320 | Protein: 21 g)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced radish
- ¼ cup vertically sliced red onions
- 1 tbs. of lemon juice
- ½ medium ripe chopped avocado
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. butter
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 ounces low-fat sausage (beef or chicken)
- 6 large beaten eggs
- 4 (8 inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 15 ounce of mashed beans
- 1 thinly sliced Serrano pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
Let’s do this!
- Mix the radish, red onions, avocados and lemon juice in a bowl and add half of the salt and half of the black pepper then toss gently to coat.
- Melt the butter on a medium heat in a pan, add garlic and sausage and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir eggs in the pan, add the remaining salt and black pepper and cook until the desired shape and consistency.
- According to the directions on the package, heat the tortillas. Spread the beans to each tortilla and add the egg mixture equally then top them with the radish mixture and Serrano pepper slices.
- Roll those delicious burritos, sprinkle the green onion and enjoy!